Counseling Males & Faith-Based Survivors
October 3rd, 2017
9:00am – 4:00pm
2101 N Front Street
Governors Plaza North, Bldg. #2
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Rape Crisis Center Staff
Clinicians and Direct-Service Providers
Presenter, Mike Lew, is the leading expert on recovery from child sexual abuse and director of Next Step Counseling and Training Center. His publications include Victims No Longer: The Classic Guide for Men Recovering from Sexual Child Abuse and Leaping Upon the Mountains.
A full day of training focusing on supporting male survivors of sexual abuse and survivors of faith communities across their journey to recovery.
- Participants will learn 3-4 unique characteristics of male survivors of sexual abuse
- Participants will acquire 3-4 new strategies for counseling and clinically working with men and male survivors of sexual abuse
- Participants will learn 3-4 unique characteristics of survivors of sexual abuse from faith-based communities
- Participants will acquire 3-4 new strategies for counseling and clinically working with survivors of sexual abuse from faith-based communities
- Participants will be able to identify 2-3 new techniques for outreach and collaboration with faith communities
8:00am – 9:00am: Registration
9:00am – 12:00pm: Working with Men and Male Survivors of Sexual Violence
12:00pm-1:30: Lunch on your own
1:30pm – 4:00pm: Counseling Faith-Based Survivors and Working with Faith Communities
For questions about the training, please contact Lydia Lynes, Special Projects Coordinator, at email@example.com or 717-728-9740.
For questions about registration, please contact Erin Levine, Database & Registration Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 717-728-9740 x 106.
To Register, Click Here!