The legal system can be frightening, frustrating, and confusing. You may feel anxious when dealing with police officers and lawyers, and nervous about going to court. In addition, the court process can take a long time. You might have a lot of questions or feel hesitant to move forward with the legal process.
A legal advocate can help you by answering your questions and offering support by:
- Serving as a link between you and the legal system
- Providing you with information to help you make decisions
- Telling you about your rights
- Preparing you for the legal experience
- Referring you to helpful community resources