Department: Training & Technical Assistance
Reports To: Prevention & Resource Coordinator
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Prepared Date: November 2018
The Prevention Evaluation Specialist coordinates evaluation activities for Rape Prevention & Education efforts in Pennsylvania.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in developing a statewide evaluation plan that includes process and outcome evaluation of local- and state-level violence prevention activities.
- Coordinate implementation of statewide evaluation plan, including identifying, tracking, and reporting on measures related to program efforts and outcome indicators.
- Assist in tracking over time state-level sexual violence indicators, such as sexual violence outcomes, risk or protective factors, or conditions related to sexual violence.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of multiple data sources, and triangulate findings from mixed methods evaluation approach.
- Interpret and use data to inform decision-making about program planning, delivery, and improvement.
- Produce evaluation reports for a variety of purposes, including continuous quality improvement, dissemination of effective strategies, and funder reports.
- Annually review and update the statewide evaluation plan to ensure alignment between program evaluation and prevention efforts.
Training & Technical Assistance:
- Provide training and technical assistance to violence prevention practitioners at PA rape crisis centers related to evaluation planning, methodology, analysis, and use of findings.
- Assist violence prevention practitioners at PA rape crisis centers in planning and implementing program evaluation using a range of data collection strategies and evaluation designs.
- Support PCAR staff, PA rape crisis centers, and other partners in designing evaluations and preparing evaluation reports so as to increase the utilization of evaluation findings.
- Participate in and help facilitate regular meetings with violence prevention practitioners at PA rape crisis centers.
- Participate in and help facilitate regular meetings with state-level stakeholders, partners, and collaborators in violence prevention.
- Attend meetings/trainings as requested.
- Serve on PCAR teams as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in field of public health, social work, community psychology, psychology, education, or other related field; or at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
1. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and ability to meet strict deadlines. Ability to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
2. Must be a self-starter that can work within a team and fast-paced environment and handle a variety of tasks with multiple deadlines. Must be very detail-oriented and work with minimal supervision.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must possess excellent project management, organizational and negotiation skills. Excellent customer service skills.
4. Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to collaboratively work with individuals and groups from diverse populations and organizations. Ability to maintain cooperative and professional demeanor with rape crisis centers, coalitions, agency staff/board, council members, vendors, consultants, allied professionals and the general public. Must be able to foster positive working relationships with people and creating an accessible environment.
5. Must have proficiency with the technology necessary for the functions of the position, including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and general Internet browsers and applications. Must be comfortable learning and using additional software systems as needed.
6. Accept and abide by the mission and core values of PCAR.
7. Availability to travel statewide, some overnights and weekends. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, insurance, and reliable vehicle.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED:
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 17.